Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan



Have you ever read a book that instantly you thought to yourself..."I am so glad this is just a story?" and yet you would find yourself becoming increasingly scared or even terrified at what was befalling the characters in the book? This is what "The Strain" was to me. I found myself instantly sucked into this story don't let the typical is it just another end of world monster book disuade you from reading this, it was sooo amazing. Every page made me think I was gaining a larger piece of the stories puzzle that perhaps the next page I would finally understand what was going on and how these characters may just succeed where fate obviously wished them to fail. Del Toro and Hogan are just amazing in their writing style and plot they put together. The characters you really can understand what is going through their minds by both their internal dialogue and their actions seen from others. There were a few times I had to stop reading and look around just to make sure the world was still here and the light was still on. Really a great horrific very modern read  it grabs from both the past, present, and shows us an entirely too scary future that would terrify any generation.

Oh and it's a Trilogy! Which for once I am A okay with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment