Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The book of Rachel By Joel Gross



A few weeks ago I read a book that my friend Jacie lent me... I wasn't expecting what I read. If you are expecting the typical historical romance novel following the beautiful heroine who somehow beats backs the trial of time and love...well this sooo isn't that book. This book follows a Jewish family through the ages beginning in the year 1484 in Spain. For those of you who study history you know this is a bad time for the Jewish populace. For those of you who don't it is during the Spanish Inquisition. Not only does it follow the family, but this book also follows an amazing diamond which manages to carry on the main character(s) families story. This family is really spectacular in how it creates a tradition from something so profoundly horrifying and beautiful. I hesitate to give anything of the plot away but it ends in the year 1979. I probably felt every emotion while reading this book its a wonderful way to bring non-fiction and fiction into a perfect blend though there is a lot of discord in these stories and its definetely not for the faint of heart. However, for those of you wishing to have a bit of history in your life as well as a spectacuar story this book is definetely for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment