Monday, November 11, 2013

Sandman Overture by: Neil Gaiman & J.H. Williams III


Hello readers, so, this is what I was given...."Discover the events leading up to Morpheus’ capture at the beginning of the SANDMAN series with this prequel limited series by the legendary Neil Gaiman and award-winning artist J.H. Williams III." Yup, that's it, and yet I knew just KNEW I HAD TO READ THIS COMIC! Thanks to my friend for given this to me for my b.day...she knows me so well. I never review individual comics readers, I usually wait for the trade paperback or the hardcover containing many of the trade paperbacks to review a comic series, but this is a special case indeed, because this is Morepheus! Dream! And all of the other endless! I fell in love with this author Neil Gaiman through his comic series many years ago, it was just so different from anything else I had ever read from the comic universe just so dark, dreamy, disjointed, and yet soooo fascinating. And, though it's been many years since the Sandman series ended Neil Gaiman and J.H. Williams III has brought us back into their universe(s) Let us not forget the other artists, letterers, editors, etc... either Dave McKean, Dave Stewart, Todd Klein, Gregory Lockard, Karen Berger, Shelly Bond, and the other two original creators Sam Kieth and Mike Dringenberg. For those of you who have been waiting to see more of the Sandman's story or rather "Dream's" story you won't be disapointed by this revival and though the comic itself raises maaaaaany new questions it also is creating a wonderful set up. I absolutely enjoyed stepping back into this radical world full of color and yet devoid of it at times too the artists have each page changing never quite allowing us to get our footing, and the story does the same too. It I believe readers will be quite the adventure, and I so look forward to seeing where we will end up will it be the beginning or end?

No comments:

Post a Comment