Friday, November 8, 2013

Dark Lover A Novel of The Black Dagger Brotherhood Written by: J.R. Ward


Allo readers, my well, talk about reading two books where the authors have completely different interpretations of a classic supernatural being. After having read a certain dark book I though, hm... well what else do I have here? So I picked up a book one of my gf's lent me, she didn't tell me it was part of a series or that it was so...spicy. Granted, looking at the cover of this book and the title I could only assume there was going to be some face fanning while reading this book. Oh my :insert silly giggling girl smile: In Caldwell NY there's a battle going on that's spanned the centuries since a race was born from the Scribe Virgin a race known as Vampires, but readers there's a new twist here, there's magic, birth, loyalty, oaths, and all around mystic to this special race separate from humans. These are not the sexy vampires whom drink the blood of humans to survive...well okay they're pretty damn sexy, but these vampires can only survive by drinking the blood of their own kind, and not kill them, just a sip and you're good to go. However, these vampires are being hunted by soulless creatures whom only want them dead just because they exist. Which brings us to Wrath the only purebred vampire left on the planet, and he has a score to settle with these slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, even the mighty Wrath has to stand by as one of his bravest brothers is killed orphaning a half-breed daughter unaware of her heritage or her fate. Now, Wrath must take this beautiful female into this world of his this world of fighting and blood shed. Beth, she is racked by a restlessness in her body and has always been alone, but Beth Randall is now forced to no longer be alone. Now Beth is helpless against the dangerously sexy man who comes to her at night with shadows in his eyes she has to deal with these new emotions and the possibility of a new life. There's a lot of information for an entire race and their culture that is transposed over our own world. Plus some serious chemistry going on between this fierce ancient warrior and strong independent journalist. I very much enjoyed this book and had to fan my face a few times to keep my blush from creeping up after all it always comes down to a lover doesn't it readers? Some serious dark shit going on here too, so for those of you who like a little pain, action, explosions, and danger total buzz there too. And so I see I've possibly started yet again another series, but seriously cool take on the Vamp world.

No comments:

Post a Comment