Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bah, Humbug! (A Romantic Comedy) Written by: Heather Horrocks


Hello faithful book review readers... so I said I would be happy right? Well, so far I'm failing, I kept reading this book, not because I wished to, but because I needed to. Sometimes people turn to drink, friends, loved ones etc... I turned to this book because I cannot possibly begin to express my feelings to anyone in the world not even my loving husband. On December 2nd a very dear person to me passed away, he was one in a billion and someone who I knew since we played in the sandbox together, and had many memorable moments that sadly barely anyone around me in my current life knows just how much he meant to me. It is tough this time of year yes, it is a time to celebrate to be joyful and surround yourself with family, but this is the third Christmas I've had someone pass away, so a part of me wishes to say screw it, but I cannot. My friend who passed taught me to be a fighter and a kick butt gal so I'll turn on the old music, look at the old pictures, and lose myself in a book. Please though readers I ask if you have a friend or love one just remember to tell them once in a while just how much they mean to you.

 This book Bah, Humbug! Really was tough for me, but the book itself was also about healing and moving on when death occurs around the Holiday time. I admit this book was very cookie cutter, but it is just something we all need around this time of year. The main character Lexi Anderson is a young mother who is the next upcoming Martha Stewart and has created a very nice life for her and her two children. Only problem is sometimes you need to realize created perfect is no substitution for actual life. Then we have Kyle Miller a famous young adult author who has thrown himself into work 100%. Problem with him is he's a workaholic who cannot be truly bothered to see his family or have anything to do with Christmas not because he's a Grinch, but because he has his own past to deal with. These two meet and it is not romantic at all, in fact it is likely they will murder one another unless Kyle does something fast. The story is generic, the writing too, but the story and how the characters live is just well uplifting and refreshing it was just what I needed to remind myself life goes on, and it was a very nice short Christmas story that would put anyone in the Christmas loving mood so if you're looking for something to curl up with a cup of tea and maybe some gingerbread cookies next to your Christmas tree this would be the book to do it with.

So go out and find your happiness readers it is the time of year to do it, and remember to tell your loved ones that they mean something to you.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment