Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest Book 3: Written by: Stieg Larsson

Stieg Larrson, first may he Rest in peace, I had no idea that this author shortly passed away after having handed in the manuscripts for the The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, and the final book which I just had the sheer pleasure of reading. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. His death was a loss in the writing community. This author was so detailed so meticulous in his writing that I just loved reading this book. It seemed like a well written and engaging report from start to finish. The tales he chose to separate the sections of the book were very interesting and made me want to research the facts he gave us the readers. I love how his main character was a strong woman who though she was petite and small packed a hell of a punch.  He kept most of his characters and even evolved them in this last book. True Lisbeth Salander would be hard pressed to ever change or even want to change as she does everything for a reason, but even she grows a little, at least I thought so. I would like to think of her as the personification of karma is a bitch. Mikael Blomkvist what a lovable Tramp he's charming and a gallant knight who once something is finished just feels empty and seems to either look for his next woman or next mission, sometimes both. Do not get me wrong, I loved the Mikael character and could totally relate to the women in falling love with this intelligent rogue. It is interesting what an impact these two characters had on one another from start to finish and yet how little interaction they had with one another. I admire their moral codes as opposite as they are they are still loyal people to the core of their souls. I enjoyed the "good" police officers and the private security firm characters. It was nice to see that a cops gut instinct can count for something, and in the end fix some of the mistakes they had previously made. There's just so much I loved about this book, of course I was ready to throw my E-reader across the room a few times with the trap that those devious clan of Salander's father's keepers from the past had created. Thankfully, I refrained and was able to calm myself and remember if I break my book I will not know what happens. Then you have the dark side of the authors writing the sheer evil that his cast of deviants presented and acted out in their lives. So many corrupt groups and individuals a few times I found myself grossed out and appalled at how such evil could exist, and what is more scary is this is not a tale of supernatural, these things do happen, these men, people do exist. These crimes do happen. Even though this book Trilogy is an act of fiction I can only hope the good guys in the real world fight such things with as much conviction and passion as the characters Mr. Stieg Larsson had his characters show. I loved these books and found the conclusion very agreeable and left open enough to know it is not a conclusion for these characters, but for some a new beginning and just another day for others. Granted a very exciting day, but life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment